If you are a Gardiner resident, an artist, and are interested in joining a vibrant community of local artists, Submit the Application Requirements to the "Contact Us" button below.
Applying to become a GOST member
1) Send 5- 10 jpegswith title, medium, size and description in ten words or less
2) Artists statement, resume, website. (Website optional)
Membership is limited to artists who live or work in Gardiner.
Fee: The year an artist joins is $150, and for each subsequent year is $100.
· During the tour all artists are expectedto be present with their art in the space in which they will be exhibiting for the duration of the tour hours.
· Volunteer to make the tour successful by contributing a minimum of ten hours on one of the committees. There is an option to pay an additional fee in lieu of volunteering.
· Organizational meetings (evening pot luck) are held 3-4 times prior to the tour in January, February, March, April or May on the third Sunday of the month, and one meeting after the tour.
Gardiner Open Studio Tour provides:
· Promoting the tour through brochures, advertising, group exhibits and GOST doors.
· GOST doors project: artist embellished doors are installed a few weeks prior to the tour and are displayed outside, along the roadside, in high visibility areas to draw attention to the tour. Members are encouraged to paint or alter doors, generally GOST can provide extra doors to be primed and painted.